sábado, 15 de janeiro de 2011

Rodrigo Santos with football legend PeleThe rock ‘n’ goal life of Rodrigo Santos

(FIFA.com) Thursday 29 April 2010
 
Innumerable preteens fantasise over becoming a musician or a footballer. A faint fraction have the ability to realistically contemplate a career in either. An atomic portion have the capacity to pragmatically consider both.
But one 14-year-old had that seldom ‘dilemma’ as he grew up in the serene north-Italian countryside in 1950. Luciano possessed a unique, uproarious voice and the reflexes that inflamed his dream of becoming a professional goalkeeper. As those around the Modanesi urged him to dedicate himself to either musica or calcio, his mind see-sawed one way then the other.
Ultimately, following abundant deliberation, he chose to pursue a career in front of the microphone. “I probably loved football a little more than I loved music at the time, but my voice was probably a little better than my hands,” he later recalled.
It was a decision that would be categorically vindicated. For while there’s no telling how good a goalkeeper Luciano would have become, it’s inconceivable that he would have realised more on the pitch than he did in concert. His surname was Pavarotti. He is arguably the greatest operatic tenor in history.
Twenty-eight years after the legendary Italian paused at that career junction, a 14-year-old Brazilian found himself in a parallel predicament: music or football?
Rodrigo could play the guitar masterfully. He could sing. He was a practised violinist. He was even a dab hand at writing rock tunes. But he was also making seductive, sonorous waves on football fields around Rio de Janeiro. Infatuated, America handed him a trial. A pass was a potential gateway to greatness - former Seleção representatives Danilo, Djalma Dias, Edu Coimbra and Jorginho can verify that. However, despite achieving that elusive pass, the gifted left-footer declined to join the club's youth ranks.
Legions of his compatriots are indebted to that judgment. For Rodrigo Luiz de Castro Santos has embellished the music industry for close to three decades, most prominently as a bass guitarist in Barão Vermelho, one of the most influential Brazilian rock groups in history. He is also the founder and lead vocalist of Os Britos, a captivating Beatles tribute group with whom he won an Order of the British Empire award, presented by Prince Andrew in London in 2006, one year before launching his burgeoning solo career.
I always thought I was a better footballer than I was a musician! But my music career was starting to take off and I just went with the flow.
Rodrigo Santos on choosing to pursue a career in music rather than football

Yet despite the enormity of his success, Rodrigo had a surprise revelation for FIFA.com. “I always thought I was a better footballer than I was a musician!,” he exclaimed, an intrinsic, infectious grin emblazoned across his face. “But my music career was starting to take off and I just went with the flow. I don’t know what would have happened if I’d have returned to America, but I don’t regret my decision.”
That decision did not serve to abate Rodrigo’s addiction to football. Indeed, in that same 1978 he began to sketch every single goal Flamengo scored, employing arrows to depict ball and player movements. He did so religiously for six years and has done so sporadically thereafter. He also boasts an immense collection of footballing articles, videos and memorabilia.
“Music is my profession and everybody knows how much I love it, but football has always been my biggest passion,” he explained. “I play whenever I get the chance and I’ll watch any game. It’s an addiction.
“It has brought me such joy over the years. I’ve seen Flamengo win the Libertadores and world titles, and Brazil win the World Cup. One of my best memories was seeing Zico and Pele play together live for Flamengo [O Rei was 39 when he participated in the 1979 charity match]. We beat Atletico Mineiro 5-1. The Maracana was packed and the atmosphere was incredible. I have the entire match on video.”
This magnitude of fixation has regularly clashed with the 46-year-old’s marriage to music. “I’ve always got very, very irritated when Barão had a gig on the same day as a Flamengo or Brazil game,” he lamented, amid a ratifying nod from his band-mate Fernando Magalhaes. “There was nothing worse. I would moan non-stop.
“I’ve had to watch matches in hotel rooms, in airports, on really poor-quality portable televisions in the back of vans, backstage at gigs, all over the place. Guto (Goffi) and Peninha are diehard Flamenguistas and love football, so we’d always watch the games together. But some of the other guys in and around the band would wind us up something rotten.
“The best thing about launching a solo career is that I was able to tell my manager not to book any gigs when Flamengo are playing. Sometimes it’s unavoidable, though, and I still get really irritated.
“I hate watching football outside Rio. If I’m not in the stadium, I like to be at home around my mates. But only those that understand football properly. I hate watching a match with someone who doesn’t. I love my mother but she doesn’t have a clue about football – I stopped her watching matches by my side a long time ago! I get very nervous when my teams are playing. I need to concentrate on the game. I can’t stomach people around me making jokes or talking about other things.”
Rodrigo is acutely aware that irritation caused by football has a crueller brother by the name of devastation. “I remember 2006. Ronaldinho Gaucho, Ronaldinho Fenómeno, Adriano, Kaka… Brazil had won that World Cup before they had kicked a ball,” he said.
“After the France game [the South Americans lost 1-0 in their quarter-final] I walked into the kitchen. My son Leo, who was seven at the time, and his mate Eduardo were crying uncontrollably. I knew the feeling, sheer emptiness. I felt it in 1982. It’s a devastating feeling. There was nothing I could say.”
Rodrigo, regrettably, foresees deeper tragedy for his beloved Seleção at the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ – tragedy beholden to enemy hands lifting the hallowed Trophy. “I think Argentina will win it. (Lionel) Messi’s capable of anything and they have other great players.
Brazil will make them work for it though. If we can play the exciting football for which we’ve earned a reputation over the years, the South Africans could get behind us, just like the Mexicans got behind us once they were eliminated in 1970. This would be a big help. And if Neymar’s in the team I feel we could beat anyone. He’s a fantastic player. I don’t think Dunga will take him, but I really hope he does.
“Whatever happens, I think it’s going to be a great World Cup. The African supporters are very passionate. They’ll give the World Cup a very unique feel with their dancing and vuvuzelas.”
I’ve always got very, very irritated when Barão had a gig on the same day as a game. The best thing about launching a solo career is that I was able to tell my manager not to book any when Flamengo are playing.
Rodrigo Santos

This year could, potentially, be the annus mirabilis of Rodrigo’s enduring devotion to football. Indeed, his country are among the favourites for gold at the FIFA World Cup, and his club beat Corinthians 1-0 last night in the first leg of the Copa Libertadores last 16.
“I’ve written a song about Flamengo, including all the great players throughout their history, from Leonidas da Silva and Zizinho through to Leo Moura and Adriano. If we win the Libertadores I’ll release it. It’s got a catchy rhythm and is the type the fans could adopt and sing on the terraces.”
It would be a fitting way for Rodrigo Santos to combine his profession with his obsession.
 
Tradução
 
vida 'n' O rock gol de Rodrigo Santos
(FIFA.com) Thursday 29 April 2010 (FIFA.com) Quinta-feira 29 abril 2010
Innumerable preteens fantasise over becoming a musician or a footballer. Inúmeras preteens fantasiar sobre tornar-se um músico ou jogador de futebol. A faint fraction have the ability to realistically contemplate a career in either. Uma fração leve tem a capacidade de contemplar de forma realista uma carreira em qualquer um. An atomic portion have the capacity to pragmatically consider both. Uma parte atômicas têm a capacidade de considerar ambos pragmaticamente.
But one 14-year-old had that seldom 'dilemma' as he grew up in the serene north-Italian countryside in 1950. Mas um 14-year-old teve que raramente "dilema", como ele cresceu na paisagem serena norte-italiano em 1950. Luciano possessed a unique, uproarious voice and the reflexes that inflamed his dream of becoming a professional goalkeeper. Luciano possuía uma voz única e barulhenta e os reflexos que inflamava o seu sonho de se tornar um goleiro profissional. As those around the Modanesi urged him to dedicate himself to either musica or calcio , his mind see-sawed one way then the other. Enquanto aqueles ao redor do Modanesi pediu-lhe para se dedicar à musica ou quer calcio, sua mente ver-serrado uma forma, então o outro.
Ultimately, following abundant deliberation, he chose to pursue a career in front of the microphone. Finalmente, após deliberação abundante, que ele escolheu para perseguir uma carreira na frente do microfone. “I probably loved football a little more than I loved music at the time, but my voice was probably a little better than my hands,” he later recalled. "Eu provavelmente gostava de futebol um pouco mais do que eu amava a música na época, mas minha voz era provavelmente um pouco melhor do que as minhas mãos", recordou mais tarde.
It was a decision that would be categorically vindicated. Foi uma decisão que seria categoricamente vindicada. For while there's no telling how good a goalkeeper Luciano would have become, it's inconceivable that he would have realised more on the pitch than he did in concert. Por enquanto não há como dizer o quão bom goleiro Luciano teria se tornado, é inconcebível que ele teria realizado mais em campo do que ele fez em concerto. His surname was Pavarotti. Seu sobrenome era Pavarotti. He is arguably the greatest operatic tenor in history. Ele é indiscutivelmente o maior tenor de ópera na história.
Twenty-eight years after the legendary Italian paused at that career junction, a 14-year-old Brazilian found himself in a parallel predicament: music or football? Vinte e oito anos depois do lendário italiano fez uma pausa em que a junção de carreira, um 14-year-old brasileira se encontrou em uma situação paralela: a música ou futebol?
Rodrigo could play the guitar masterfully. Rodrigo poderia tocar o violão com maestria. He could sing. Ele podia cantar. He was a practised violinist. Ele era um violinista praticado. He was even a dab hand at writing rock tunes. Ele era mesmo uma mão de solha em escrever músicas de rock. But he was also making seductive, sonorous waves on football fields around Rio de Janeiro. Mas ele também estava fazendo sedutor, ondas sonoras em campos de futebol em todo o Rio de Janeiro. Infatuated, America handed him a trial. Infatuated, a América deu-lhe um julgamento. A pass was a potential gateway to greatness - former Seleção representatives Danilo, Djalma Dias, Edu Coimbra and Jorginho can verify that. O passe foi um gateway potencial para a grandeza - Seleção ex-representantes Danilo, Djalma Dias, Edu Coimbra e Jorginho pode verificar isso. However, despite achieving that elusive pass, the gifted left-footer declined to join the club's youth ranks. No entanto, apesar de conseguir que passam indescritível, o talentoso rodapé-esquerda se recusou a juntar-se ao clube da juventude.
Legions of his compatriots are indebted to that judgment. Legiões de seus compatriotas estão em dívida com esse julgamento. For Rodrigo Luiz de Castro Santos has embellished the music industry for close to three decades, most prominently as a bass guitarist in Barão Vermelho, one of the most influential Brazilian rock groups in history. Para Luiz Rodrigo Castro Santos tem embelezado a indústria da música por cerca de três décadas, o mais proeminente como um baixista em Barão Vermelho, um dos mais influentes grupos de rock brasileiro da história. He is also the founder and lead vocalist of Os Britos , a captivating Beatles tribute group with whom he won an Order of the British Empire award, presented by Prince Andrew in London in 2006, one year before launching his burgeoning solo career. Ele também é o vocalista e fundador de Os Britos, uma homenagem do grupo Beatles cativante, com quem ele ganhou um prêmio da Ordem Império Britânico, apresentado pelo príncipe Andrew, em Londres, em 2006, um ano antes de lançar sua carreira solo em expansão.
I always thought I was a better footballer than I was a musician! Eu sempre achei que era o melhor futebolista do que eu era um músico! But my music career was starting to take off and I just went with the flow. Mas a minha carreira como cantora estava começando a decolar e eu só fui com o fluxo.
Rodrigo Santos on choosing to pursue a career in music rather than football Rodrigo Santos sobre a escolha de prosseguir uma carreira na música, em vez de futebol

Yet despite the enormity of his success, Rodrigo had a surprise revelation for FIFA.com . No entanto, apesar da enormidade de seu sucesso, Rodrigo teve uma revelação surpresa para FIFA.com. “I always thought I was a better footballer than I was a musician!,” he exclaimed, an intrinsic, infectious grin emblazoned across his face. "Eu sempre achei que era o melhor futebolista do que eu era um músico!", Exclamou ele, um sorriso, intrínseco infecciosas estampada em seu rosto. “But my music career was starting to take off and I just went with the flow. "Mas a minha carreira de música estava começando a decolar e eu fui apenas com o fluxo. I don't know what would have happened if I'd have returned to America, but I don't regret my decision.” Eu não sei o que teria acontecido se eu tivesse retornado para a América, mas não me arrependo da minha decisão. "
That decision did not serve to abate Rodrigo's addiction to football. Essa decisão não serviria para diminuir a dependência de Rodrigo para o futebol. Indeed, in that same 1978 he began to sketch every single goal Flamengo scored, employing arrows to depict ball and player movements. De fato, em 1978 mesmo que ele começou a esboçar a cada gol do Flamengo marcou, empregando setas para representar os movimentos da bola e do jogador. He did so religiously for six years and has done so sporadically thereafter. Ele fez isso religiosamente por seis anos e tem feito isso de forma esporádica depois. He also boasts an immense collection of footballing articles, videos and memorabilia. Ele também possui uma imensa coleção de artigos de futebol, vídeos e objetos.
“Music is my profession and everybody knows how much I love it, but football has always been my biggest passion,” he explained. "A música é a minha profissão e todo mundo sabe o quanto eu o amo, mas o futebol sempre foi a minha maior paixão", explicou. “I play whenever I get the chance and I'll watch any game. "Eu jogo sempre que eu tiver a chance e eu vou assistir qualquer jogo. It's an addiction. É um vício.
“It has brought me such joy over the years. "Ele me trouxe tanta alegria ao longo dos anos. I've seen Flamengo win the Libertadores and world titles, and Brazil win the World Cup. Eu vi o Flamengo ganhar a Libertadores e títulos mundiais, e Brasil ganha a Copa do Mundo. One of my best memories was seeing Zico and Pele play together live for Flamengo [ O Rei was 39 when he participated in the 1979 charity match]. Uma das minhas melhores lembranças estava vendo Zico e Pelé jogar juntos ao vivo para o Flamengo [O Rei tinha 39 quando participou de partida beneficente de 1979]. We beat Atletico Mineiro 5-1. Vencemos o Atlético Mineiro por 5-1. The Maracana was packed and the atmosphere was incredible. O Maracanã estava lotado ea atmosfera foi incrível. I have the entire match on video.” Tenho a partida inteira em vídeo. "
This magnitude of fixation has regularly clashed with the 46-year-old's marriage to music. Esta magnitude de fixação tem regularmente entraram em confronto com os 46 anos de casamento com a música. “I've always got very, very irritated when Barão had a gig on the same day as a Flamengo or Brazil game,” he lamented, amid a ratifying nod from his band-mate Fernando Magalhaes. "Eu sempre tenho muito, muito irritado quando Barão tinha um show no mesmo dia como o Flamengo ou Brasil do jogo ", lamentou, em meio a um aceno da ratificação de seu companheiro de banda, Fernando Magalhães. “There was nothing worse. "Não havia nada pior. I would moan non-stop. Eu gemia sem parar.
“I've had to watch matches in hotel rooms, in airports, on really poor-quality portable televisions in the back of vans, backstage at gigs, all over the place. "Eu tive a assistir aos jogos nos quartos de hotéis, em aeroportos, a realmente má qualidade televisões portáteis na parte de trás das vans, nos bastidores de shows, em todo o lugar. Guto (Goffi) and Peninha are diehard Flamenguistas and love football, so we'd always watch the games together. Guto (Goffi) e Peninha são Flamenguistas obstinados e futebol de amor, para nós sempre assistir aos jogos juntos. But some of the other guys in and around the band would wind us up something rotten. Mas alguns dos outros caras e em torno da banda iria encerrar-nos algo de podre.
“The best thing about launching a solo career is that I was able to tell my manager not to book any gigs when Flamengo are playing. "A melhor coisa sobre o lançamento de uma carreira solo é que eu fui capaz de dizer o meu gerente não reservar nenhum show quando o Flamengo está jogando. Sometimes it's unavoidable, though, and I still get really irritated. Às vezes é inevitável, embora, e eu ainda fico realmente irritada.
“I hate watching football outside Rio. "Eu odeio ver futebol fora do Rio de Janeiro. If I'm not in the stadium, I like to be at home around my mates. Se eu não estou no estádio, eu gosto de estar em casa em torno de meus companheiros. But only those that understand football properly. Mas somente aqueles que entendem de futebol corretamente. I hate watching a match with someone who doesn't. Eu odeio assistir a um jogo com alguém que não faz. I love my mother but she doesn't have a clue about football – I stopped her watching matches by my side a long time ago! Eu amo minha mãe mas ela não tem a menor idéia sobre o futebol - eu parei de assistir seus jogos do meu lado há muito tempo! I get very nervous when my teams are playing. Eu fico muito nervoso quando meu time está jogando. I need to concentrate on the game. Preciso me concentrar no jogo. I can't stomach people around me making jokes or talking about other things.” Eu não posso estômago pessoas ao meu redor fazendo piadas ou falar sobre outras coisas. "
Rodrigo is acutely aware that irritation caused by football has a crueller brother by the name of devastation. Rodrigo está bem ciente que a irritação causada pelo futebol tem um irmão mais cruel com o nome de devastação. “I remember 2006. "Eu me lembro de 2006. Ronaldinho Gaucho, Ronaldinho Fenómeno , Adriano, Kaka… Brazil had won that World Cup before they had kicked a ball,” he said. Ronaldinho Gaúcho, Ronaldinho Fenômeno, Adriano, Kaká ... Brasil ganhou a Copa do Mundo antes de terem chutado uma bola ", disse ele.
“After the France game [the South Americans lost 1-0 in their quarter-final] I walked into the kitchen. "Depois do jogo França [os sul-americanos perderam por 1-0 nas quartas-de-final], eu entrei na cozinha. My son Leo, who was seven at the time, and his mate Eduardo were crying uncontrollably. Meu filho Leo, que tinha sete anos na época, e seu companheiro Eduardo estava chorando incontrolavelmente. I knew the feeling, sheer emptiness. Eu sabia que o sentimento, o vazio absoluto. I felt it in 1982. Eu senti isso em 1982. It's a devastating feeling. É um sentimento devastador. There was nothing I could say.” Não havia nada que eu pudesse dizer ".
Rodrigo, regrettably, foresees deeper tragedy for his beloved Seleção at the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ – tragedy beholden to enemy hands lifting the hallowed Trophy. Rodrigo, infelizmente, prevê mais profunda tragédia para sua amada Seleção na Copa do Mundo 2010 na África do Sul ™ - tragédia em dívida com mãos inimigas levantar o troféu santificado. “I think Argentina will win it. "Eu acho que a Argentina vai ganhar. (Lionel) Messi's capable of anything and they have other great players. (Lionel) Messi é capaz de qualquer coisa e eles têm outros grandes jogadores.
Brazil will make them work for it though. " Brasil vai fazê-los trabalhar para ele embora. If we can play the exciting football for which we've earned a reputation over the years, the South Africans could get behind us, just like the Mexicans got behind us once they were eliminated in 1970. Se conseguirmos jogar o futebol emocionante para que nós ganhamos uma reputação ao longo dos anos, os sul-africanos poderiam ficar atrás de nós, como os mexicanos tem atrás de nós, uma vez que foram eliminados em 1970. This would be a big help. Isso seria uma grande ajuda. And if Neymar's in the team I feel we could beat anyone. E se Neymar na equipe eu sinto que poderia vencer qualquer um. He's a fantastic player. Ele é um jogador fantástico. I don't think Dunga will take him, but I really hope he does. Eu não acho que o Dunga vai levá-lo, mas eu realmente espero que ele faz.
“Whatever happens, I think it's going to be a great World Cup. "Aconteça o que acontecer, eu acho que vai ser uma grande Copa do Mundo. The African supporters are very passionate. Os adeptos são muito apaixonados Africano. They'll give the World Cup a very unique feel with their dancing and vuvuzelas .” Eles vão dar a Copa do Mundo uma única sensação muito com as suas danças e vuvuzelas ".
I've always got very, very irritated when Barão had a gig on the same day as a game. Eu sempre tenho muito, muito irritado quando Barão tinha um show no mesmo dia como um jogo. The best thing about launching a solo career is that I was able to tell my manager not to book any when Flamengo are playing. A melhor coisa sobre o lançamento de uma carreira solo é que eu fui capaz de dizer o meu gerente não reservar algum quando o Flamengo está jogando.
Rodrigo Santos Rodrigo Santos

This year could, potentially, be the annus mirabilis of Rodrigo's enduring devotion to football. Este ano poderia, potencialmente, ser o annus mirabilis de devoção permanente de Rodrigo para o futebol. Indeed, his country are among the favourites for gold at the FIFA World Cup, and his club beat Corinthians 1-0 last night in the first leg of the Copa Libertadores last 16. Na verdade, o seu país está entre os favoritos para o ouro na Copa do Mundo, e seu clube Corinthians venceu 1-0 na noite passada, na primeira mão da última Copa Libertadores 16.
“I've written a song about Flamengo, including all the great players throughout their history, from Leonidas da Silva and Zizinho through to Leo Moura and Adriano. "Eu escrevi uma canção sobre o Flamengo, incluindo todos os grandes jogadores ao longo da sua história, de Leônidas da Silva e Zizinho através de Leo Moura e Adriano. If we win the Libertadores I'll release it. Se ganhar a Libertadores eu vou liberá-lo. It's got a catchy rhythm and is the type the fans could adopt and sing on the terraces.” Ele tem um ritmo cativante e é o tipo que os fãs poderiam adotar e cantam nas esplanadas ".
It would be a fitting way for Rodrigo Santos to combine his profession with his obsession. Seria uma forma adequada de Rodrigo Santos para combinar a sua profissão com a sua obsessão.
 
Fernando Magalhães, Peninha, Guto Goffi, Roberto Frejat, Rodrigo Santos and Mauricio Barros pause for a photograph during a Barão Vermelho gig

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário